How it works
Ceremix® Flex, with its breakthrough technology and formulation of a thermostable maltogenic amylase, pullulanase, and α-amylase, simplifies brewing like never before. Ceremix® Flex allows brewers the flexibility to avoid cereal cooking steps when using high-gelatinizing adjuncts such as corn, rice, sorghum, or other similar materials. Ceremix® Flex helps you to adapt easily to changes in crop quality and also simplifies gluten free brewing. Production of similar maltose levels, more glucose and less dextrin in comparison with decoction mashing.
Benefits of using Ceremix® Flex:
1. Process simplification
- Avoiding the cereal-cooking process
- Processing of high-gelatinizing adjuncts via an infusion mashing process
- Liquefaction of adjunct starch below gelatinization temperature through native starch de-branching enzymes
- No need for cooling in case of very high adjunct inclusions
- Eliminates costs spent on a cereal cooker
2. Raw material flexibility
- Adjunct inclusion is completely flexible
- Possible savings on raw materials replacing pre-gelatinized flakes
3. Energy savings
- No need for cereal cooking
- Potential shorter total mashing time and optimal temperature profile
What other brewers say
"The team at Novozymes has been incredibly helpful to us as we began working to add gluten free beers to our lineup. They gave us recommendations on processes as well as products to improve our efficiencies and product in general. I have attempted to use other products in gluten free brewing, but I can say that the products from Novozymes gave far better results and it will be the product I prefer to use going forward."
- Ethan, Founder and Brewer at The Highway Brewing Co.