How it works
Say goodbye to Diacetyl!
Diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedione, also known as vicinal diketones (VDKs), are flavor components generated at the beginning of fermentation. If they exceed the specific threshold, VDKs will give beer an undesirable off-flavor. Diacetyl, known for its butterscotch or buttery flavor, is the main contributor to these off-flavors.
The reduction in VDKs, carried out by yeast during storage, goes hand-in-hand with other maturation processes and is considered an essential criterion for evaluating the degree of maturation of beer.
Maturex® Pro is an Acetolactate-Decarboxylase (ALDC) enzyme which prevents the formation of diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedion by converting precursors directly into the flavor-free end-products of acetoin and 2,3-pentanediol, reducing maturation time by 2-14 days, which ultimately saves time and money for the maturation process through higher capacity utilization and allows for lower energy consumption.
- Beer free of Diacetyl off-flavors
- Prevents the formation of diacetyl and 2,3-pentanedione in beer (butterscotch/buttery off-flavor)
- Shorter maturation time leading up to higher-capacity utilization
- Why you need it
- Eliminate diacetyl rests
- Reduce/eliminate Dry Hop Creep
- Leaner process conditions for low-alcohol beers
- Reduced energy consumption
- Beer maintains high quality index